Thursday, October 23, 2008

Autumn Gathering

Got home in time to post for Arsty Mama's party http://www.artsymama.blogspot.com/ we were at the cabin today planting bulbs 300 daffodils , and tulips and alliums..

I really decorate for 2 Autumn Holidays, Halloween and Thanksgiving as collect 'Turkeys' so come back in Nov. for a look..sorry you might have seen some of this decor, but just not in the mood this year to take everything out...anyways Happy Autumn days to you!!


Time to light the pumpkins as Halloween is close..

How about some Halloween cake??
A pretty fall wreath in the Kitchen and old tin sign..

A big glass vase filled with pods ,cones, seeds, leaves and has a lovely scent.. my favorite pixies and old crocheted tablecloth..and of coarse rabbits..

A original oil painting by a friend Jan O. the tiny kitty bucket was from 'Artsy Mama 's Sinister Swap' last year and she was my partner.. the mask is from Bethany Lowe..
A tiny haunted house by Polliwogs..

A original stick-pin by Hee-Bee-Jee-Bees, Debbie Hawkins...


Some of my Halloween ATCS [all from Blog swaps] that hang over the computer..
A original Mudcakes painting..

Details of postcard print and needlework by Eydie at: http://www.shebrews.typepad.com/



A favorite fall bowl with Bethany Lowe Moon Head.. http://www.bethanylowe.com

Hall way spider web..
Framed a few of my old paper treat bags..

Old advertising and cans.. Skelly bucket made by me..
Deer head and skelly..


Old chalkware bird and Japanese majolica..

Nicol Sayre http://www.nicolsayre.com/ reproduction pieces..


Paper treats made by me from a project by Sandra Evertson http://www.sandraevertson.blogspot.com/ in Somerset Magazine http://www.somersetstudio.com ..


just love the look of boy on the brown plate..
The article in magazine.. and this is the magazine..

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have some really whimiscal and funny things. The little treat bags remind me of my girlhood. I think we use to have that skeleton with the green eyes.
Stop on by my blog too.

MamaSheg said...

Hi, just wanted to say I LOVE your blog. I've just recently discovered it and really enjoy all the images and wonderful creations you share. XOOXO

LiLi M. said...

Whow you do have some collections! Here most people don't greet autumn very enthousiastic; it's windy and rainy and we have moderate summers, so there is no relief. And a lot of people get a little depressed from the falling of the leaves; the clock of life is ticking another year away. I have always loved autumn as my birthday is in October. It is so much fun too see all these autumn and halloween (something we don't know either) collections. Thanks for sharing!

Sleepy Hollow Craft Company said...

your house is so so neato! I just LOVE when you show pics of your many fantastic and envy-worthy collections!!! Have a wonderful Halloween!!!
~Jenelle

Kristen Pare said...

Lovely decorations!! Happy Autumn Gathering! Please come by and say Hi,
Kris

The Tattered Rose said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your very kind remarks. I l-o-v-e all the holidays and your blog is always so inspirational to me. Your Halloween stuff is just the best. Cheers, Trish G.

Betzie said...

Hi Debra,
GREAT decorations and I just love your paper creations!
I tagged you today on my blog, if you have time, feel free to join in...
betzie :)

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Hello Favorite Halloween Artist!
I LOVE IT!!! The music, the decorations and creations ~ you have really done it this year!!!
I am in love with your pixies.
Very well done! Happy Fall! Katie

AwtemNymf said...

I HEART your blog!
I always feel like I'm in a trance of delight when I visit you! Like a kid in a candy store! It's all good *winks*
Those pixies are darling! Just darling!
~A~

Kari said...

Ooooh thanks for joining in all the fun. LOVE everything here. You have such wonderful Halloween goodies!!!
Kari

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Awesome!!!! have a great weekend..m..

Cindy said...

Such wonderful, wonderful eye candy. And love your projects from the SE article. I'm going to have to go dig my issue out.

c

Anonymous said...

I love the fall wreath.....quite unusual.......interesting music too;-)
I love halloween - especially in the States seiing all of the pumpkins on peoples porches......very evocative....
Happy Halloween

Julie

*SHeRRy B* said...

TFS! Your lovely decorations.

About Me

My photo
Ontonagon, Michigan, United States
Self-taught Artist and Collector of Stuff..grew up a city girl now a Happy Country Grandma! Been married 38 years to a loving Husband,we have the best Daughter & 2 sweet grandchildren..We have 2 fat Cats to keep me company, Rufus B. Wolf & Baby Girl! I have a weakness for vintage Rabbits, old holiday decorations, vintage photos and childrens books, old dolls and stuffed critters, primulas and hostas, old roses, transferware,teapots,old tins, barkcloth and toile,watching movies, staying up late, cozy flannel sheets,perfume.. Coffee or Tea with lots of Real Cream..All types of naughty carbs like pies, cakes and fancy pastries, savory breads.. and now digital scrapping and silver jewelry!