Saturday, November 8, 2008

Turkeys on Display and Good Pie

Did I mention that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday?! Well it is! Its all about the food and family.. years ago everyone came to our house.. but then they grew up, married found better jobs away... so we traveled to them, now this year they will be coming here!!!! We are so happy!

soooo..been digging out the turkeys and fall stuff.. sorta cheated here and used the Halloween tree decorations, bought some glass turkey ornaments, but not here yet..and making a' Turkey Tree Topper' and a few paper ornaments..Check out my webite next week will be selling some turkeys items and also http://www.pfattmarketplace.com Pfatt Market Place..

Took these pictures at night so not really happy with the color and shadows..

Turkeys on the table..

My kitchen window 'this week' I change it around almost weekly as get bored with..
Our 'old rose' bushes were on fire with color this year, usually they just turn a deep red purple..All the trees are bare now so was nice to have some color left..




Here are the pies I made on Wed. and we ate the last slices tonight! I used 'Honey Crisp' apples for the apple pie and was very happy with the taste and texture, they were firm and sweet.. The pumpkin pie was better the next day and very happy with results, silky smooth and just enough spice... well it really wasn't a 'pumpkin' pie but a Butternut Squash , as you see we have enough for 4 deep dish pies for Thanksgiving..



more turkey fall decor and my favorite Chocolate Rabbits... the fat round on on the pedestal is Truffles..and he has a tiny party hat!

A paper turkey and turkey hat boxs..

Turkey art print from a Minn. artist..

6 comments:

the author said...

Your pies look gobble-licious and I adore all your Turkey and Fall decor!

Elizabeth Fedorko said...

I adore your wonderful turkey collection! I only have three in my collection but they are a happy little gathering on my coffee table. Thanks for the photos, loved looking at them!~~~XXOO, Beth

Halloween Fanatic said...

Yummy! I love pumpkin pie. The food is one of the things I love most about fall.First candy corn,then persimmon pudding, and pumpkin pie. A new love is pumpkin cheeses cake, you must have some this fall! So happy for you that your family is coming to see you. Love the turkeys!Relocated Robert~http://enchantedholidays.blogspot.com/

Cassie said...

The pie looks delicious! I am wondering, does it taste like pumpkin pie? I have a holiday guest that doesn't like pumpkin pie, this might be a good alternative! Your decorations are lovely!

AmyB said...

So happy your family is coming home this year! How festive your home looks. Glimpses of snow are fun too.... it's still mighty warm out West. Workin' on my swap stuff! - Amy Bauer

Flora said...

Are those bunnies real chocolate?
oh my I'm salivating just thinking about them!!!!
blessings,Flora

About Me

My photo
Ontonagon, Michigan, United States
Self-taught Artist and Collector of Stuff..grew up a city girl now a Happy Country Grandma! Been married 38 years to a loving Husband,we have the best Daughter & 2 sweet grandchildren..We have 2 fat Cats to keep me company, Rufus B. Wolf & Baby Girl! I have a weakness for vintage Rabbits, old holiday decorations, vintage photos and childrens books, old dolls and stuffed critters, primulas and hostas, old roses, transferware,teapots,old tins, barkcloth and toile,watching movies, staying up late, cozy flannel sheets,perfume.. Coffee or Tea with lots of Real Cream..All types of naughty carbs like pies, cakes and fancy pastries, savory breads.. and now digital scrapping and silver jewelry!