Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sign up here for 'Halloween Swap'

So many have emailed me and had a few comments on last posting..so heck, I decided to start the 'Swap' now!

'SIGN UP HERE' with a comment and send me your name/ blog or website address, and mailing address to debramschoch@yahoo.com ...... but for now here are some treats to get your creative juices flowing.. more on Thursday. 'Owls and the Moon' are the main theme, but really its anything that flies on Halloween ..

The theme is 'HALLOWEEN FLIGHT' add picture and link to your blog now if you want..

RULES OF THE GAME: YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE 3 ITEMS, 1. A JOINTED PAPER DOLL, [no taller than 12 inches.] 2. ATC CARD, signed by you.. and the third item . 3. ' A OWL' YOUR CHOICE OF ANY TYPE OF MEDIUM [ keep it under 12 inches] . Everything is due 'Oct. 15th'. Sign up will start NOW.. and ends 'Sept.15th'.. so that gives you a month... Here is the official 'Halloween Swap' logo..[will set up a Flickr group for Swap later in the month..]

A Sample digi collage Paper Doll and theme for swap.. received my new book "Artful Paper Dolls' by Terry Taylor today in the mail.. got it from http://www.alphastamps.com/ a great place to order papers,books supplies stamps,and other interesting stuff... and after looking at 'Calamity Kim's' blog http://www.calamitykim.typepad.com/ got the 'bug' to do some Paper dolls..

A cute little figurine that I was bidding on ebay..got to 'pricey' for me.. but neat, huh?!


A German owl clock..


A nice Owl with moon Fruit Crate label..


A grumpy old German paper Owl..


Some inspirations for you of 'Things that Fly in the Night on Halloween'..


Great Owl Card..


Like the colors here and witch and owls against the moon ,but that one cat Creeps me out..

A cute hungry owl..


Another great owl on moon card..




Don't forget the Bats ..will have lots more pictures for you in the coming days..

A very nice owl with a red moon theme..


A great snowy owl and moon for Halloween.

Nice owl here too.


Finally.. if you went thru all those pictures.. I have some new items along with many other wonderful Folk Artist this month on http://www.pfattmarketplace.com/ so check it out..thank you for looking and all your comments..

18 comments:

Amy said...

I really can't get enough Halloweenie goodness so I'm going to have to sign up! Emailing you shortly :).

Kris Dickinson said...

Oh, I'm really enjoying your blog!

AwtemNymf said...

Hi Debra-
This sounds fabU! I've emailed you!
AwtemNymf

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Debra,
Count me in! I have wanted to find a reason to make some paper dolls for a bit. Now I have a reason. Yippee!

Ann-Denise Anderson said...

Debra, Thank you for coming by today..I am so glad you like my crepations! It's always an honor to have other artisan enjoy your work! I would love to be a part of you swap..I will email you my address to your email. Also I would love to be a part of you blog roll, I would love to add you to mine as well!
~Always a pleasure, Ann-Denise

Anonymous said...

I was going to make a Halloween paper doll anyway so this is great! Add me to the swap list please. I'll email too.
Andrea

Enchantments and Giggles said...

Please add me to the swap list. I haven't played with paper dolls in more years than I care to talk about here! Tan

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Debra. I sent you an email...would love to join this swap! Sharon

Molly said...

Please count me in , emailing soon.
Hallowen is one of my favorite holidays!!
~ Molly P

Michele said...

I'd like to play along in this swap...will email my other info soon! Thank you!!! -michele

Anonymous said...

awww man! Sign me up! It's not like I can stop making paper dolls long enough to finish any aprons! I am making the Halloweenish one for you also and I promise by my stars and garters they will be finished and in your mailbox by Oct 1st!
xxxooo
calamity

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

please count me in! thanks!

Sherry said...

I would love to join in on the fun!!!

I'll email you my info.

Thanks!
Sherry

vivian said...

Ok.. now its officially time to sign up.. so here I am! sign me up..
hugs!
vivian

SparkofWhimsy said...

Hello!

Wow! I got lucky to stumble across your site! I've never done anything like this, but would love to give it a try. Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year and I think this would be some great fun! I'll send my other info along shortly.

Angelique

Kim said...

I just found out about craft swaps in a newspaper article and I'm so excited to do one. This theme sounds so much fun!

Kim said...

I just found out about craft swaps in a recent newspaper article and I'm so excited to do one. This theme sounds fun!

HopHopJingleBoo said...

hello, some of you wanted to do the swap but you never sent a email you have to email me here if you want in the swap: debramschoch@yahoo.com

About Me

My photo
Ontonagon, Michigan, United States
Self-taught Artist and Collector of Stuff..grew up a city girl now a Happy Country Grandma! Been married 38 years to a loving Husband,we have the best Daughter & 2 sweet grandchildren..We have 2 fat Cats to keep me company, Rufus B. Wolf & Baby Girl! I have a weakness for vintage Rabbits, old holiday decorations, vintage photos and childrens books, old dolls and stuffed critters, primulas and hostas, old roses, transferware,teapots,old tins, barkcloth and toile,watching movies, staying up late, cozy flannel sheets,perfume.. Coffee or Tea with lots of Real Cream..All types of naughty carbs like pies, cakes and fancy pastries, savory breads.. and now digital scrapping and silver jewelry!