Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Goodies in the Mail !

I'm smitten with Mindy's work!! So happy to see she has a blog.. please take a peek and she what's she is up to> http://www.timssally.blogspot.com/

One of my goals this year is to have my corner wall all done up with contemporary artist work as there are so many wonderful and affordable artist pieces on Etsy and other online stores to pick from ..
Some fun stuff ,spools of rayon binding in peacock, melon and orange..[been buying colors in 3's from a ebay seller] a old craft magazine from the 50's and a cute repro from Raz..
Some pretty fabric for upcoming projects for March 'Alice in Wonderland '..
Did a one on one swap with a online friend for Valentines got this very pretty card with surprise pockets and 2 fat bags of jumbo pecans !! Thank you!! I'm spoiled now!!

Won this very old English tiny porcelain poodle and another look at that fab fabric..

A peek of some of the Valentine paper dolls I had been working on..and my ultra favorite art paper by K and Company Que Sera Sera Collection..and rubber stamps by Character Constructions..

Had to play with my new printer and did all the heads on 'HP Presentation Paper' 120g Matte, a beautiful paper really rich detail and color..the paper has a satin feel to it..nice..


Here is the delightful new printer I have been using lately...super fast..but is really noisy..can live with that because the printing is just amazing! Bought online at Office Max the day after Thanksgiving and got a super deal ...but was back ordered as sold out ,but was worth the wait!

Notice my new cute mousepad errr.. I mean tweet pad..

oh dear!! Iwas surfing around the net, late the other night and found this amazing artist..can you believe these are paintings!? well ,I'll find his link and name and update..[ wrote it down on one of my many scrap lists..]

5 comments:

mary helen said...

I would love to buy one of the pouty little Valentine paper dolls...please let me know how I could do this, I'd be so grateful. ~mary helen

vivian said...

wow! those last two pieces of art are freaken amazing! wow wow wow!
hugs!
vivian

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Debra,
What a marvelous site you have here!! Such a feast for the eyes! Thank you for stopping by my blog, and thanks so much for adding my button here! I will be sure to add a link for you on my links page, as I'm sure my readers will love your fabulous blog. I would love to see what you make with my images, I'm so glad you found some things to use in your art. I see you have some wonderful images here too!
Karen

Unknown said...

I love your paper dolls and the porcelain poodle is a great find indeed!

Sandy xox

Cheryl said...

What the heck? Paintings?? Holy smokes! I would not have thought that AT ALL!
~Cheryl

About Me

My photo
Ontonagon, Michigan, United States
Self-taught Artist and Collector of Stuff..grew up a city girl now a Happy Country Grandma! Been married 38 years to a loving Husband,we have the best Daughter & 2 sweet grandchildren..We have 2 fat Cats to keep me company, Rufus B. Wolf & Baby Girl! I have a weakness for vintage Rabbits, old holiday decorations, vintage photos and childrens books, old dolls and stuffed critters, primulas and hostas, old roses, transferware,teapots,old tins, barkcloth and toile,watching movies, staying up late, cozy flannel sheets,perfume.. Coffee or Tea with lots of Real Cream..All types of naughty carbs like pies, cakes and fancy pastries, savory breads.. and now digital scrapping and silver jewelry!